Thursday, January 18, 2007

Here it comes ...

Kyrill has reached us, finally. I guess all people in the western / middle european regions know what I'm talking about. We just happen to be visited by a hurricane - from Britain and Germany the reports have been worsening during the day, now it's comeing to us. I'm still believing that we will not be hit quite as hard, but I'm living on the outskirts of the city, there are a lot of trees around here - if we really get up to 120 kilometers per hour wind speed here, I'm so not leaving the house tomorrow. If I ration it, I still have enough cat food until saturday, so no need to risk anything.

When I left work today, there wasn't even the slightest breeze at the city core. One hour later, at home, it was already windy. Two hours ago now I went outside on the balcony, secured the flower pods underneath the chairs, and brought anything less stable in with me. For the first eve since months the cats showed no notions of going outside with me, the usual highlight of the day ...

I don't really fear for my life - I'm quite save here, even more so if I really stay inside. But we are really not used to such weather, and just now I'm all alone. Maybe if the howling gets worse in the night I'll get the cats to join me in the bedroom - comfort for everyone. I just hope that my collegue who is heading to the airport tomorrow to fly to colorado to a meeting is on the save side, too.

No comments: